Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love Waldorf salad and with this recipe it will be back on my table this summer. Cooking time is chill time.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced apples
- 1 cup celery, in thin strips about 1-inch long
- 1⁄2 cup broken walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- crisp lettuce leaf
- Drizzle lemon juice over diced apples; toss well.
- Mix in celery and walnuts.
- Blend together sugar, salt, low-fat yogurt and mayonnaise.
- Fold into apple mixture; chill.
As a diabetic, who loves waldorf salad... I was thrilled to find this recipe. The only change was to use all yogurt instead of mayo. Very good. I will make this again and again. Even my non-diabetic husband ate a lot of this.
We love Waldorf salad and thought the vanilla from the use of vanilla yogurt a nice change. I made as written and thought it was just a little too much dressing so next time will cut back just a little bit as a matter of personal preference. Thanks for the tasty change to the traditional Waldorf salad that we will be enjoying again.
Really tasty salad. I used plain yogurt mixed with vanilla extract and stevia, I substituted cucumber for celery (didn't have any), and added some raisins. I liked that it was healthy and easy to prepare. Thanks for the recipe.