Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Always inspired by what I read and see! I thoroughly enjoyed making these! Simple, nutritious, SO easy to do! Look forward to my first review! 1 1/2 lb pork back ribs 1 tbsp olive oil 1/2 tsp crushed red chili pepper salt and freshly ground black peppe 1 cup chicken broth 1 can tomatoes, (19 oz) 1 tbsp red wine vinegar http://www.informationaboutdiabetes.com/recipes/Spareribs_In_Sauce__Spuntature_Al_Sugo__--_Italian.htm NOTE: My serving portion is 2 ribs; adjust to your liking; served on bed of greens, brocolli spritzed with balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork back ribs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (24 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- re sugar related issues make sure the canned tomatoes are only that, no salt, sugar or added citric acid
- Heat pan, add oil.
- Brown ribs on all sides.
- SIMPLY add canned tomatoes, red wine vinegar, chiili flakes and chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, SIMMER uncovered for 1 - 1/2 hours (I did 1/2!); meat will almost fall off the bone
- NOTE: meat should not be pink near the bone re doneness.
- NOTE: The sauce should reduce to half; if started to look like it will get dry, can always add some water to top it up.
As you said, this is very simple and I'd like to add, delicious. Just the right amount of heat. I salted and peppered after it was done cooking. What I'd like to try next time would be to puree the tomato mixture. Then put it on top the cooked ribs, bake a little (30 minutes) and finish them under the broiler. Thank you for posting. Made for Group 2 - Pine Melon Crush from the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #71