Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A pear compote in a puff pastry shell that is ok for diabetics
- 4 tablespoons Splenda granular (you can add more to taste)
- 3 -4 pears
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen puff pastry shells (NOT sheets)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash cinnamon
- bake puff pastry according to box.
- peel and cut up pears into chunks.
- in a medium saucepan add pears, lemon juice, and cardamon and sprinkle of cinnamon and cook on medium heat until it mashes easily with a potato masher. It usually takes about 10-12 minutes.
- When the Puff pastry is done remove it from the oven and let cool about 5 minute Then remove the tops with a knife and spoon the pear compote into the shell, and place the top back on.
- *I have done this with squares as well but it works more like a turnover. I personally think the shells are much easier to work with.
- Everyone I've made this for loves it! You can play with the ingredients to taste because not everyone wants as much cardamon in it as I do.