Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nobody can resist the temptation of freshly baked blueberry muffins - the flavor of these is perfumed with citrus and allspice.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen, thawed and drained)
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; add blueberries, and toss to coat. Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- Combine milk and next 5 ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove muffins from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.
I followed Boomette's review and used 6 tbs. of sugar only and 1/2 tsp salt. These were tasty muffins and moist to boot. Made for Rookie Tag Game 2013.
darn these are yummy. Update, made them again and the only thing i changed this time was to cut the oil to 2 tbs and add 2 tbs applesauce. They were still moist and delicious, sighs..will probably eat them al today so wont be diabetic friendly for me :D
I used only sugar so 6 tbs. I used thawed frozen blueberries, whole milk. I cooked them 22 minutes just to be sure they were ok. They're crispy but moist inside. So yummy! Thanks Annacia :) Made for Holiday Tag.