Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Lee, one of the women at my church, is a great cook. She is also borderline diabetic (Type 2). She still eats sugar, but since our pastor and I are diabetic, she makes this cake and brings it for us occasionally.
Top Review by Trisha L.
Made this was so yummy i kept wanting to eat it I changed the recipe a little bit by changing the amount of coconut i used 1/2 cup coconut and 1/2 cup rolled oats, also did the 1/2 apple sauce Made them as muffins as well which other people loved
- 2 cups Splenda granular
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 cups chopped apples (peeled, I use Gala, Jonathon, or McIntosh)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Generously spray a Bundt or tube pan.
- Dump all ingredients into a large mixing bowl (don't you just love one bowl recipes?) folding in the apples nuts, and coconut last.
- Pour batter into pan and bake approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool on a wire rack. When serving dust VERY LIGHTLY with powdered sugar (this should be for looks, not the sweet taste).