Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posting for ZWT6 - Germany - Benelux
- 4 eggs
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml skim milk
- 9.85 ml margarine, melted
- 118.29 ml flour
- 0.59 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 1 large tart apple, pared and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 59.14 ml Splenda granular
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 44.37 ml boiling water
- Combine batter ingredients in blender or food processor. Mix until smooth. Let rest 30 minutes.
- For filling, melt margarine in 10-inch ovenproof skillet. Add apple slices and cinnamon. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour batter over apple, place in a preheated 425° oven and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake 15 minutes more. Remove from oven.
- Blend glaze ingredients and drizzle over top of pancake. Cut into four wedges.
Oh my, is this ever good, I just loved this for my breakfast!!! I scaled back the recipe to serve one and had to make a change due to what I had on hand. I only had the splenda brown sugar or nutrasweet packets, so I used the brown sugar and just added it to the apple filling mixture. I then poured the batter on top and baked it. It came out a little crispy around the edges and smooth in the middle for a great texture combination. Made for your win in the football pool. Congrats!!!
Mmmmm!!! Elaine Ann, this was so so good not too sweet but just right when you want something light. It can be pudding as well as breakfast or just a snack very versatile. My DH just loved it and that is so unlike him to like anything that resembles a pudding I think it was the apples and cinnamon that tempted him, I used w/w cake flour and added a wee bit more baking powder not a lot just a bit other than I followed the recipe and I served it with a spoonful of Greek yoghurt it was absolutely delicious. I will be making this one again. Thank you so much for posting. Made for the harvest moon festival, Oct 2010