I make these treats for our dogs even though the diabetic one passed on years ago. Our wiener dog starts dancing around the kitchen when my food processor comes out and guards the oven as they bake. Simple to make and a good way to use up the liver from our beef.
My Private Note
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 10X15 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- 2Place the liver in food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- 3Add the flour and the eggs and process until smooth.
- 4Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- 5Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven or until the center is firm.
- 6Cool and cut into squares with a pizza cutter. These treats have the consistency of a sponge.
- 7Store in refrigerator.
- 8I bag these in small ziplock bags and freeze what we won't use within the week.
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Liver Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Dog Treats
Serving Size: 1 (2560 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 17.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 5.0 g