Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick and easy snack recipe, from the SPLENDA company; suitable for any diets requiring reduced sugar; Diabetic diets particularly.
- Oven: 375 F (190 C).
- FILLING: Mix dates, SPLENDA Granular and hot water and cook over medium heat until smooth and consistent.
- BOTTOM AND TOP MIXTURE: Mix all dry ingredients.
- Cut in softened margarine.
- Spread half of mixture onto well greased 8 x 12 pan and press down evenly.
- Add filling and spread evenly.
- Add other half of mixture on top of filling.
- Bake 375 F (190 C) for 25- 30 minutes.
Althought the amount of carbs (carbs break down into sugar) in this recipe are on the high side for the amount per serving it was yummy. I will make this again for my family and try very hard not to eat more then 1 serving. Thanks for the recipe.
We found these date squares delicious and very little difference from the taste of regular date squares. I used regular splenda and followed the recipe exactly. This will be a delightful addition to my holiday stash, I may do another batch with a defferent filling, maybe cranberry. thanks for sharing. Dec 6/07 - just to let you know I make these quite often , one of DH's favourites, and especially good for Holiday baking , we have 5 diabetics to bake for over the holidays and they all love this recipe, thanks again!
I made these squares for my mom who is diabetic and always craving sweets and she loved em. I also tried them and found that they tasted like the real thing,you couldn't even tell they had artificial sweetner in them. I only change I made was that I used Equal instead. Next time I make them I'll try adding a bit of orange juice to the filling. Thanx Elaine.