Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are super delicious, easy, and healthy too! NOTE: you can add an almond to the top to make almond joy cookies!
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2⁄3 cup white wheat flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (depending on your preference)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate, melting dots
- In a medium-large bowl, beat the egg whites until just frothy with a whisk. Incorporate the flour, sugar, extracts, honey. Add the coconut flakes and mix until it just about sticks.
- Drop by inch rounds onto a cookie sheet, about 1-inch apart, and bake at 325 degress F until barely golden on the bottom and sides (approx 15-20 min).
- Place chocolate drops on top and let back additional 5-10 minutes until fully golden on bottome and drops are melted. Let cool and serve.