Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love custard and this is pretty good. Again, it's been adapted to make sure there's no additives or modified food starch in it.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons liquid stevia
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 quarts whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir eggs and sweetener into flour.
- Set aside.
- Heat milk but do not boil.
- Pour hot milk into egg mixture; stir to mix and return to medium heat.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until mixture thickens.
- (Once it comes to boil, it won't thicken any more).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- This completes the custard.
- Leave plain for vanilla ice cream OR stir in 3 cups mashed fruit of your choice (peaches, strawberries, etc).
- Pour custard into ice cream maker canister and follow manufacturer's instructions for making the ice cream.
Haven't really tried it yet...... When does the Stevia go in???????