Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
from Mr. Food's Quick & Easy Diabetic Cooking
Make and share this Diabetic Creamy Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon browning sauce
- Coat a soup pot with nonstick cooking spray, add the mushrooms and saute over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until soft; stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken broth, onion powder, and pepper; bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk and flour until smooth; gradually add to the soup, stirring constantly. Stir in the browning and seasoning sauce and simmer for 5 more minutes or until thickened.
This is wonderful. I made a 2 serving size and ate it all for dinner. I used fat free evaporated milk and about a tbsp of chopped fresh onion. In the short cooking time I got a rich tasting and,yes, creamy soup with a lovely depth of flavor.
Amazing how rich and "fancy" this is for being so darn easy! I cut recipe in half for two of us. The only change I made was subbing fat-free half and half for the milk. Will be making this often!