Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I am not sure where I got this recipe, but it's saved my buns several times. When people call and ask to come over and you haven't got a thing in the world fixed, this will save your buns too. Just mix up a quick batch of cream puffs and this stuff...and they'll think you spend hours! There are variations listed at the bottom.
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) box sugar free fat free French vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- vanilla extract
- Prepare the pudding with the milk; cover and chill.
- While the pudding chills, whip the cream with a few drops of vanilla extract. Fold into the pudding.
- Place back into the refrigerator if not using immediately.
- Pineapple cream: fold in 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple.
- Butterscotch cream: sub butterscotch pudding for the vanilla.
- Lemon creme: sub lemon pudding for the vanilla.
- Chocolate cream: sub chocolate pudding for the vanilla.
- White Chocolate: sub in white chocolate pudding for vanilla.
- Cheesecake: sub in cheesecake pudding for vanilla.
the filling was way to heavy... isn't cream puff filling supposed to be light and fluffy? well, if you prefer heavy, pudding -ish filling, then this the right recipe for you. it tasted very good, but, it was so heavy, my cream puffs were begging for mercy
Excellent filling for eclairs! And guilt-free. Looking forward to trying some of the variations.