Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Everyone dieting deserves a treat every now and then. But what the rest of the time? Should you be eating cardboard? Nooo says the Redneck! These little bites are great for anyone from the sick to the well, from the low-carb nuts to those who could eat their weight in chocolate and never gain an ounce (btw..we hate you people!). These must be refrigerated overnight (reflected in the passive cook time).
- 16 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or more if you like it strong)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, your choice
- Beat the cream cheese, Splenda, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in nuts and pour into a prepared 8x8 square pan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into small squares and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This is a really good recipe! The first time I made it, it came out a bit too soft, but the second time I added a tablespoon of cornflour and it came out perfect. IT's also nice with peppermint extract instead of the vanilla. Thanks for a great recipe!
Great tasting recipe---Sure satisfied my sweet tooth. Thanks
It is very good, but boy is it rich! I used to make this with regular sugar...the recipe was called "Fake Divinity". Go figure.