Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I don't buy red cranberry juice much anymore because I couldn't find a Splenda-sweetened version for a long time and I have become sensitive to red food coloring. This recipe, however, doesn't hurt me and the wonderful flavors are so great for the holidays. Serve this delicious tea to your party guests and listen to them talk about how good it is!
Top Review by ElaineAnn
I cut the recipe down to 1 quart. I cut 2 thin slices from an orange and halved them (4 half-slices for garnish) and squeezed the fresh orange juice out of the remainder. I used the Light White Cranberry juice drink. Very festive and delicious. Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting another winner Amy!
- 2 family-size tea bags or 4 small tea bags
- 4.92 ml whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 946.0 ml boiling water
- 473.18 ml sugar or 473.18 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 1892.0 ml water
- 473.18 ml Splenda sweetened cranberry juice
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- orange, sliced thin for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a 1 quart container, add boiling water.
- Cover and steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a wire mesh strainer into a large container, discarding the tea bags and spices.
- In a large crock pot or Dutch oven, pour the mixture in and stir in the sugar and remaining ingredients.
- Heat on low until hot and serve with an orange slice, if desired.