Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't buy red cranberry juice much anymore because I couldn't find a Splenda-sweetened version for a long time and I have become sensitive to red food coloring. This recipe, however, doesn't hurt me and the wonderful flavors are so great for the holidays. Serve this delicious tea to your party guests and listen to them talk about how good it is!
- 2 family-size tea bags or 4 small tea bags
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 quart boiling water
- 2 cups sugar or 2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups Splenda sweetened cranberry juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- orange, sliced thin for garnish
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a 1 quart container, add boiling water.
- Cover and steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a wire mesh strainer into a large container, discarding the tea bags and spices.
- In a large crock pot or Dutch oven, pour the mixture in and stir in the sugar and remaining ingredients.
- Heat on low until hot and serve with an orange slice, if desired.
I cut the recipe down to 1 quart. I cut 2 thin slices from an orange and halved them (4 half-slices for garnish) and squeezed the fresh orange juice out of the remainder. I used the Light White Cranberry juice drink. Very festive and delicious. Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting another winner Amy!