Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Here's a low sugar cranberry nut bread with raisins and walnuts for those who want to indulge safely. Enjoy! Nutrition facts: 142 calories, 24g carbs, 3g protein, 4g fat, 55mg sodium, 120mg potassium, 18mg cholesterol Exchanges: 1 bread, 1/2 fruit, 1 fat
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, and orange rind in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to blend well.
- Pour into a greased 9x5 inch load pan. Bake at 350F for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool for 6 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Cool thoroughly on a wire rack. Store in a plastic bag or aluminum foil for at least one day before slicing.