Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good for a diabetic recipe.
Make and share this Diabetic Cornbread Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Mix milk,applesauce,egg whites and cooking oil.
- Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400F 18-20 minutes.
Neither cornmeal, sugar or "flour" (which is non specified so am assuming its wheat flour) are suitable for type 2 diabetics. Use a natural sugar substitute and the recipe might work with buckwheat flour perhaps?
This recipe was super bland, though the texture was ok. Needs more sugar/sweetness and salt, or something. Healthy doesn't need to be bland!
Very yummy! I doubled the recipe and it they came out perfect in 15 minutes. Thank you for sharing. Next time I'm going to try stevia with them instead of regular sugar.