Recipe by tastetester #2
http://easydinnerrecipes.ca/diabetic-coffee-cake.html Here's a recipe for melt in the mouth coffee cake. It shows you how to use a sugar substitute without compromising on the taste. Enjoy a slice of coffee cake minus the guilt!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cold coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- liquid sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the flour and baking powder. Fold in the margarine and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, place the egg, milk, cold coffee, almond, vanilla and sugar substitute and mix well. Add in the flour mixture and beat until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 325 deg F.
- To check if the cake is done, insert a toothpick or knitting needle through the center. If the toothpick or needle comes out clean, you'll know your cake is ready.