I had some fat free sour cream to use and was in the mood for biscotti and this is what I came up with. This is a simple, not fancy, but tasty cookie that is perfect with coffee or tea. This is a softer biscotti than traditional.
- In one med bowl mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- In a small microwave safe bowl place the margarine and apple sauce.
- Warm the small bolw on defrost till the margarine is soft enough to mix into the applesauce.
- Add the vanilla, egg white and sour cream to the small bowl with the margarine mixe and stir together.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the flour mix and stir just till everything is mixed.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly about 4 times (don't over do it.
- Transfer to pam sprayed baking sheet and shape into a log 10-12 inches long.
- Bake at 350f for 25-30 mins (till browned lightly).
- Remove fron oved and allow to sit for 15 minute.
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices and return to the baking sheet cut side down.
- Bake for 8 mins then turn the slices over and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Remove from sheet and cool on a rack.