1/1 Photo of Diabetic Cinnamon Sour Cream Biscotti
1 hr 1 min
I had some fat free sour cream to use and was in the mood for biscotti and this is what I came up with. This is a simple, not fancy, but tasty cookie that is perfect with coffee or tea. This is a softer biscotti than traditional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In one med bowl mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- 2In a small microwave safe bowl place the margarine and apple sauce.
- 3Warm the small bolw on defrost till the margarine is soft enough to mix into the applesauce.
- 4Add the vanilla, egg white and sour cream to the small bowl with the margarine mixe and stir together.
- 5Add the liquid ingredients to the flour mix and stir just till everything is mixed.
- 6Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly about 4 times (don't over do it.
- 7Transfer to pam sprayed baking sheet and shape into a log 10-12 inches long.
- 8Bake at 350f for 25-30 mins (till browned lightly).
- 9Remove fron oved and allow to sit for 15 minute.
- 10Cut into 1/2 inch slices and return to the baking sheet cut side down.
- 11Bake for 8 mins then turn the slices over and bake for another 8 minutes.
- 12Remove from sheet and cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Cinnamon Sour Cream Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.3
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 124.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.4 g