Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This makes a 1.5 lb loaf. Time is actually however long your breadmaker takes.
- 1 cup mineral water, at 75 to 80 degreees f (plus 2 more tbsp water)
- 3 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons margarine (a heart healthy brand)
- 2 cups white bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons tsps Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup dried currant
- Put all ingredients except currants in the bread pan and assemble the bread machine according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Select regular, rapid, or delayed bake cycle and light crust setting.
- At the addition beep add the currants, following your bread machine's instructions for raisin bread.
- Bake, cool and enjoy.