Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
a special treat to serve at Christmas, but good any time of the year
- 1 pear
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 1 cinnamon stick, cut to 1 inch
- Peel and core pear.
- Cut in half or into slices.
- Combine water, sugar replacement, food colouring and cinnamon stick into saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Add pear.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer 3 mins.
- Turn pear several times to completely colour.
- Remove with slotted spoon.
- Serve hot or cold.