Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A tasty diabetic dessert
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup long-grain rice (or brown)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 unsweetened chocolate square
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 teaspoons artificial sweetener
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 4 strawberries
- In a heavy saucepan, heat milk, rice, salt and chocolate until mixture boils. Stir occasionally. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 40 minutes or until rice is tender and almost all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Refrigerate till chilled. Stir several times.
- Beat whipping cream til soft peaks form.
- Beat in artificial sweetener.
- Mix half of whipped cream with the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into four dessert dishes.
- Top with remaining whipped cream and nuts.
- Garnish each with a strawberry.