Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
for the chocolate lover
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 14 teaspoons artificial sweetener
- In small saucepan, soften gelatin in water.
- Stir over low heat til gelatin dissolves completely.
- In mixing bowl, beat cocoa, vanilla and cream til stiff peaks form.
- Add artificial sweetener and liquid gelatin and beat til well blended.
- chill thoroughly before serving.
I am trying desserts to make for my Mom's 60th birthday party. She is diabetic. This was good but had the splenda aftertaste. If you kept eating it it tasted wonderful but when you stopped the aftertaste was there I ate it all myself in 2 sittings, the kids did not like it. The texture was very good!! I would add a TBSP of dry cappucino mix to the cream next time to give it more of a mousse - coffee taste. If there was a way to get rid of the nasty after taste this would get 5 stars. Maybe add 7 tsp of actual sugar and leave out the splenda and just have the extra carbs. Does anyone know of an artificial sweetner that does not have that aftertaste?? Thanks!
This is the first recipe I have tried. I rate it quite high because it was a very easy recipe, quick to prepare. Although it is a little strong for me. Next time I make it, I'm going to try double the amount of cream and half the cocoa.