Recipe by Bluenoser
for the chocolate lover
Top Review by Dawni
I am trying desserts to make for my Mom's 60th birthday party. She is diabetic. This was good but had the splenda aftertaste. If you kept eating it it tasted wonderful but when you stopped the aftertaste was there I ate it all myself in 2 sittings, the kids did not like it. The texture was very good!! I would add a TBSP of dry cappucino mix to the cream next time to give it more of a mousse - coffee taste. If there was a way to get rid of the nasty after taste this would get 5 stars. Maybe add 7 tsp of actual sugar and leave out the splenda and just have the extra carbs. Does anyone know of an artificial sweetner that does not have that aftertaste?? Thanks!
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 14 teaspoons artificial sweetener
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, soften gelatin in water.
- Stir over low heat til gelatin dissolves completely.
- In mixing bowl, beat cocoa, vanilla and cream til stiff peaks form.
- Add artificial sweetener and liquid gelatin and beat til well blended.
- chill thoroughly before serving.