Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
The other day I got 5 cans of Splenda-sweetened cherry pie filling on the discount aisle at the market. Who knows why it was on discount, but I snatched it up like it was going out of style. I came up with these popsicles because you can't buy this kind of decadence and I was craving something cold and special.
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can Splenda sweetened cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the pudding with the milk.
- Place a tablespoon of pudding into freezer-pop molds. Place a tablespoon of pie filling on top of the pudding. Continue until the molds are full. Using a knife, swirl the pudding and pie filling. Don't mix, just swirl. Place the sticks into the molds.
- Place in the freezer until frozen. If you have leftover pudding and pie filling, transfer the pie filling into a non-metal container, cover and refrigerate. Cover the pudding on the surface with plastic wrap to prevent a skin forming on the top.
- Repeat the process to make more or use in another recipe.