Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I just love Jello fat free/sugar free pudding, I can play with it in so many ways and this is a very good way.
- Follow the directions on the package for preparing the vanilla pudding: add 2 cups of cold milk and pudding mix in a bowl and whisk for two minutes.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the chocolate pudding.
- The directions call for 2 cups of milk. Instead, put in 1½ cups of milk and ½ cup of chilled coffee and pudding mix in a bowl and whisk for two minutes.
- Transfer about 4 tablespoons of the vanilla and 4 tablespoons of the chocolate pudding to a third bowl.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of coffee to this batch.
- Whisk this batch.
- It should appear a few shades lighter than the chocolate pudding's color.
- Discard the remainder of the coffee (or drink it).
- Layer in cups or parfait glasses. Refrigerate for five minutes. Garnish with whipped cream and or a sprinkling of coco, if desired, before serving.
I am giving this 5 stars based on ease and flavor. I don't know about presentation, because I used it as a pie filling. The pie tasted great and looked great before cutting, but I forgot that instant pudding doesn't get firm enough to cut and have the layers show. :( But it DID taste great!!! Will be making this again, as a parfait, because being diabetic and loving sweets, this really fills the bill!
Great great way to used pudding!! Loved the mix of chocolate and coffee!! You are right - this can be done so many different ways - but this way was wonderful! Thanks Annacia!