from splenda.com - delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli
- 1 bunch scallion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce (40 percent less salt)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (or other measure-for-measure sugar substitute)
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro or 2 -3 tablespoons recaito (Recaito is a delicious cilantro-based seasoning sauce, usually found near other Mexican seasonings/s)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Trim broccoli and cut into florets (retain about 60% of the bunch).
- 2Rinse broccoli, shake off excess water and place in 3-quart microwave-safe casserole dish; set aside.
- 3Slice white scallion bulbs into rings and mince garlic.
- 4Stir together scallions, garlic, beef broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, Splenda and Recaito or cilantro.
- 5Pour sauce over broccoli, cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- 6Stir broccoli, replace cover, and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until broccoli is desired texture and sauce has thickened to coat broccoli.
- 7Stir in sesame oil and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Broccoli in Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.3
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 212.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g