Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
from splenda.com - delicious!
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli
- 1 bunch scallion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce (40 percent less salt)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (or other measure-for-measure sugar substitute)
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro or 2 -3 tablespoons recaito (Recaito is a delicious cilantro-based seasoning sauce, usually found near other Mexican seasonings/s)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Trim broccoli and cut into florets (retain about 60% of the bunch).
- Rinse broccoli, shake off excess water and place in 3-quart microwave-safe casserole dish; set aside.
- Slice white scallion bulbs into rings and mince garlic.
- Stir together scallions, garlic, beef broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, Splenda and Recaito or cilantro.
- Pour sauce over broccoli, cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir broccoli, replace cover, and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until broccoli is desired texture and sauce has thickened to coat broccoli.
- Stir in sesame oil and serve hot.
WOW!! I need something REALLY quick for dinner and all I had was the frozen broccoli. So I steamed by vegtable and make the sauce and added before sitting on the table This is absolutly awesome!! I will for sure be making this again.. Thank you for an outstanding recipe.
The recipe was easy to make, but I adjusted the garlic. It was a little to overpowering for my taste. I also left off the cilantro and recaito. It was still very good and something different to do with broccoli.
DH and I enjoyed this with dinner. I did not have beef broth so I used chicken broth. The dish was excellent. Nice blending of seasonings and the cilantro really enchances the flavors. The sesame oil added a touch of fat. Thank you for sharing this delightful recipe.