Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
from Mr. Food's Quick & Easy Diabetic Cooking
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 3 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 prepared pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine the soup, milk, chicken, and peas & carrots in a large bowl.
- Pour the filling mixture into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate; cover with the pie crust and press the edges to seal; make several slits in the crust for venting.
- To avoid spills, place on a baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and the crust is golden; let sit for 5 minutes then cut into wedges and serve.
I made this for my father over the weekend. He is diabetic so I'm always looking for good substitutes that are a worthy diversion of the typical chicken breast, brown rice, veggie that he tends to eat on most nights. I used low sodium cream of chicken soup and a Marie Callender's prepared pie crust, which I think are the best. It was so good and super easy, thanks!
Omg.If you are like me and love comfort food =this is for you,sooooo goood !!!!!!!!!!!!
This turned out terrific! Very creamy and full of yummy goodness! My first time making pot pie and I couldn't have been happier! And my diabetic FIL loved it! Yay!