1/2 Photos of Diabetic Bombay Chicken
This is a very tasty and nutricious diabetic friendly recipe for Bombay Chicken. Serve it over brown rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon light margarine
- 1 teaspoon chicken-flavored bouillon, granules
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup diced unpeeled apple
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1Melt the margarine in a large frying pan [skillet] over medium heat; add the almonds.
- 2Cook the almonds for approximately 10 minutes until they are golden brown; stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- 3Sprinkle 1 teaspoon curry powder over the almonds and toss lightly to ensure they are properly coated Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- 4Line a plate with paper towels and place almonds on the towels to drain.
- 5Add the apple, onion, and mushrooms to the frying pan and saute for 5 minutes.
- 6Stir the remaining 1 teaspoon curry powder and flour into the apple/mushroom mixture.
- 7Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, to prevent burning.
- 8Dissolve bouillon granules [or chicken stock cube] in boiling water and add to frying pan with milk and lemon juice.
- 9Cook over low heat 5 minutes or until smooth and thickened, stirring constantly.
- 10Add chicken and continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the chicken is thoroughly heated.
- 11Serve the Bombay Chicken immediately over brown rice.
- 12This is a really delicious way of adding some changes to your everyday chicken.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Bombay Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.7
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 93.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: