Recipe by Northern_Reflectionz
good on pancakes or waffles, or on ice cream
Top Review by Bluenoser
This is a really good syrup to try if your diabetic or just watching your sugar intake but you still like the sweet taste of syrup on your pancakes,waffles or french toast. Thanks for posting---Really good recipe.
- 12 ounces unsweetened frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 10 teaspoons artificial sweetener
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine blueberries with 1/8 cup of water, margarine, nutmeg and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer til berries are soft.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining water.
- Add to blueberries and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until syrup thickens.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Sir in sweetener.
- Serve warm or chilled.