1/5 Photos of Diabetic Blueberry Scones
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute, plus more for sprinkling tops if desired
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, rounded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, scant
- 4 tablespoons heart helthy margarine
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, picked over and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon egg white (optional)
- 1Adjust rack to center of oven, and heat to 400 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, sift together flours, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, or two knives, cut in margarine until the largest pieces are the size of small peas.
- 3Stir in blueberries and zest.
- 4Using a fork, whisk together milk and egg in a liquid measuring cup.
- 5Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in cream mixture.
- 6Stir lightly with fork just until dough in lightly mixed, a small amount of dry flour remaining is fine.
- 7Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and press/pat into an 8-10 circle.
- 8Using a sharp knife, cut into eight wedges.
- 9Transfer to baking sheet lightly sprayed with Pam.
- 10Brush tops with some egg white and sprinkle with Splenda if desired.
- 11Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 12Transfer scones from baking sheet to wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Blueberry Scones
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.0
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 386.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g