Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My doctor inspired these muffins.He told me I had to watch my carb & sugar intake.You know how doctors are.Yep,gotta lose the weight too! Well,I love my muffins for breakfast,so I adapted this recipe to fit my new lifestyle.I thank him everyday for those words.These muffins are great.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham flour or 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large eggs or 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries or 1⁄2 cup fruit
- Stir together Flour, Splenda,Baking Powder,& Salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl,combine cereal & milk. Let stand 5 minutes or till softened.
- Add egg & applesauce. Beat well.
- Add flour mixture. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into paper lined & ( Pam) sprayed muffin pans.
- Bake 400 * 15 - 20 minutes. Makes 12.