Recipe by PaulaG
Spring is here! Let the cookouts begin. Here is a simple but good recipe for barbecue sauce that is sure to please.
Top Review by Chris from Kansas
Wow! I am really excited to find this recipe. I added the ingredients to my baked bean recipe in place of the BBQ sauce and everyone loved it! The only change I made was to use a bit less lemon juice. This is so much healthier with less sugar content than the regular stuff. I'm sure I will be using this often. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (I use brown sugar substitute.)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder