- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 teaspoons artificial sweetener
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and slice thin
- 1 baked pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine yolks, salt and cornstarch. In a double boiler, scald milk. Pour milk slowly over egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Return custard to double boiler, stirring until it thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in shortening, vanilla and artificial sweetener.
- Place sliced bananas in bottom of baked pie crust.
- Pour custard on top.
- Chill before serving.