Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is the original recipe. I made it more like a cobbler (using no bottom crust at all to save on calories). Also, I used 1 tsp of apple pie spice in place of the cinnamon. It's rustic and homey and legal!!
- 1 graham cracker crust (you can make your own or use a pre-made one)
- 1 egg white (slightly beaten)
- 5 cups fresh peeled apples
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄8 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter, scant
- Brush egg white on crust, bake until light brown, about 6 minutes.
- Combine next 6 ingredients, mix well, spoon into crust.
- Mix remaining ingredients and either sprinkle over top OR roll and put on as the top of the pie in thin sheets haphazard for a rustic look. You may need to add a bit more butter if you wish to roll it.
- Bake at 375 Fahrenheit for about 50 minutes or until bubbly.*.
- Cool for about 4 hours.
- *Note: I used a round glass casserole dish and cooked the apples for about 30 mins with the lid on then removed the lid, sprinkled the crust on top and finished baking.
What a very nice pie this is. I made small pies and used Bramley apples. It had a nice caramel taste because of the graham crust. My topping was just sprinkled on top. I really liked this I think this is much better than an ordinary apple pie. I think I will be making this again a lot thank you for a very nice recipe Annacia. Made for tis the season for giving. 2010
This pie is one of the best I made. It was my first time doing an apple pie with a graham cracker crust. It was great. I used Cortland apples. I didn't have Splenda brown sugar blend so I had to use brown sugar. For the topping I used sugar and brown sugar. Thanks Annacia :) Made for Photo tag game
This was great!! I made it into 12 mini pies (single servings) for my work and the best part was, no one new it wasn't made from sugar! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. Will make again really soon!