This is the original recipe. I made it more like a cobbler (using no bottom crust at all to save on calories). Also, I used 1 tsp of apple pie spice in place of the cinnamon. It's rustic and homey and legal!!
- 1 graham cracker crust (you can make your own or use a pre-made one)
- 1 egg white (slightly beaten)
- 5 cups fresh peeled apples
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄8 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter, scant
- Brush egg white on crust, bake until light brown, about 6 minutes.
- Combine next 6 ingredients, mix well, spoon into crust.
- Mix remaining ingredients and either sprinkle over top OR roll and put on as the top of the pie in thin sheets haphazard for a rustic look. You may need to add a bit more butter if you wish to roll it.
- Bake at 375 Fahrenheit for about 50 minutes or until bubbly.*.
- Cool for about 4 hours.
- *Note: I used a round glass casserole dish and cooked the apples for about 30 mins with the lid on then removed the lid, sprinkled the crust on top and finished baking.