1/3 Photos of Diabetic Apple Pie
1 hr 20 mins
This is the original recipe. I made it more like a cobbler (using no bottom crust at all to save on calories). Also, I used 1 tsp of apple pie spice in place of the cinnamon. It's rustic and homey and legal!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 graham cracker crust (you can make your own or use a pre-made one)
- 1 egg white (slightly beaten)
- 5 cups fresh peeled apples
- 1/2 cup Splenda granular
- 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/8 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/8 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/3 cup melted butter, scant
- 1Brush egg white on crust, bake until light brown, about 6 minutes.
- 2Combine next 6 ingredients, mix well, spoon into crust.
- 3Mix remaining ingredients and either sprinkle over top OR roll and put on as the top of the pie in thin sheets haphazard for a rustic look. You may need to add a bit more butter if you wish to roll it.
- 4Bake at 375 Fahrenheit for about 50 minutes or until bubbly.*.
- 5Cool for about 4 hours.
- 6*Note: I used a round glass casserole dish and cooked the apples for about 30 mins with the lid on then removed the lid, sprinkled the crust on top and finished baking.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.5
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 319.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 24.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: