Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is light in both texture and calories with nice little almond crunches. It's good all year round but it's especially lovely in the summer. Freezing time not included.
- 2 teaspoons ground coffee (finely ground. I used instant coffee)
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 4 ounces Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- Dissolve finely ground coffee in milk.
- Beat egg whites with salt until foamy. Gradually beat in sugar substitute until mixture forms stiff, shiny peaks.
- Blend in coffee/milk mixture, almond extract and chopped almonds.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon into individual parfait glasses; garnish with additional chopped almonds if desired.
- Freeze until firm.