Paris D's Note:
Variation on Lemon Blackberry Muffins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 78.07 ml skim milk
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 28.39 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 29.58 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 314.66 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml blackberry
- 56.69 g neufchatel cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Spray or butter a muffin tin (insides and tops to prevent the muffins from sticking with the puff up) and set aside.
- 3Zest a lemon, and set aside.
- 4Squeeze the juice of the lemon into a measuring cup over a sieve to catch the seeds and pips.
- 5Pour milk into the measuring cup to make up a half cup.
- 6Stir sour cream into the measuring cup.
- 7Stir in the zest and vanilla, and then set aside.
- 8Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- 9In a large bowl, measure out the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Splenda. Mix well.
- 10To the lemon and milk mixture, add the egg and whisk to combine.
- 11Next, add the cooled butter and mix well. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix just to combine.
- 12Do not over-mix - there may well be lumps but that’s alright.
- 13Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling them halfway.
- 14Sprinkle a few berries in and then continue to fill the muffin tins to the top.
- 15Cut neufchatel into 9 squares, press each square into the top of each muffin.
- 16Top each muffin with a blackberry.
- 17Bake in a 400 F oven for 25 minutes until the tops are springy.
- 18Cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetes-Friendly Lemon Blackberry Sour Cream Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.3
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 255.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g