Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
If you have a panini maker, definitely use it!! I haven't tried it with the lemon zest yet, but I will next time (the idea just came to me as I was entering the recipe).
- 3 tablespoons neufchatel cheese
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, minced
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- Combine neufchatel with 1/4 cup of the strawberries, mashing the berries as you mix.
- Spread half the mixture on each piece of bread. Fill with remaining strawberries and sprinkle with zest.
- Cook in panini maker -- or grill like you would grilled cheese (heat skillet to warm; butter the bread and grill both buttered sides until golden).
- Enjoy warm.