Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Modified from the Closet Cooking blog. These are SOOO good! A total weekend breakfast treat. If you want to increase the health factor, you could substitute whole wheat flour for half of the flour.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, 1/4 cup Splenda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the milk, egg, and butter in another large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and melt butter in it.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and cook until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Meanwhile simmer the cherries, remaining Splenda (2 T), cornstarch and water over medium heat until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Serve pancakes and spoon Cool Whip on top.