Recipe by sugarpea
A simple and great sandwich. Chile, mayo, tomato and cheddar with a sprinkling of oregano; broiled until bubbly, all in under 15 minutes.
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced (3 inches long)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, large
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the chile with the mayonnaise and set aside.
- Lay bread on a cookie sheet and top with the cheese slices; lay down tomato slices; spread with mayonnaise and sprinkle with oregano.
- Broil until mayonnaise and cheese are bubbly; serve open-faced, whole or sliced in half; garnish with a thin slice of chile.