Recipe by Ninna
Australian Woman's Weekly Dinner Party Cookbook.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Extremely easy to make. Very good taste. Served it over rice with a green salad as sidedish. One thing I did different was that I did not blend it. Split up the tomatoes while it was cooking and wanted some structure to it, therefore omitting blending. Will certainly make again. Thanks for posting.
- 0.55 lb red lentils (8oz)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (0.88 g) can canned whole tomatoes
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine in pan lentils, salt, curry powder, undrained chopped tomatoes, onion and water.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, simmer 50-60 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Pour half the mixture into blender, blend on medium speed 30 seconds, repeat with the rest of the curry, stir in garlic & oil.