Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Australian Woman's Weekly Dinner Party Cookbook.
- 0.55 lb red lentils (8oz)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (0.88 g) can canned whole tomatoes
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Combine in pan lentils, salt, curry powder, undrained chopped tomatoes, onion and water.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, simmer 50-60 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Pour half the mixture into blender, blend on medium speed 30 seconds, repeat with the rest of the curry, stir in garlic & oil.
Extremely easy to make. Very good taste. Served it over rice with a green salad as sidedish. One thing I did different was that I did not blend it. Split up the tomatoes while it was cooking and wanted some structure to it, therefore omitting blending. Will certainly make again. Thanks for posting.
Simple and tasty, just as the other reviews have stated! I also opted to not blend it out of sheer laziness, but it's still great with a thicker, more chunky texture. I added two cloves of crushed garlic and served it over brown rice with plenty of fresh ground pepper and a sprinkling of red pepper flakes.
Tasty, simple, and cheap! I followed the directions and it came out beautifully, I'm trying to eat less fat so I omitted the oil at the end and haven't missed it at all. Even tasted great after a couple of days in the refrigerator and reheated. Perfect dish for when you don't want to make anything complicated, but still want something tasty!