Prep 4 mins
Cook 6 mins
Made it up for my DH. He now requests it often.
- 1 sourdough English muffin
- 1 egg
- 1 slice swiss cheese or 1 slice American cheese or 1 slice monterey jack cheese
- butter (for frying) or margarine (for frying)
- Lightly toast muffin.
- Fry egg.
- Turn egg, put cheese on top.
- Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Put egg on a spatula and place in between two pieces of the muffin.
- Put back in pan and fry about one minute or until cheese melts. If you wish, can turn on the other side and brown lightly.
Easy egg sandwich. Much like the copycat McMuffin recipe I posted sans meat. Tasty and easy to make. I made as written the first batch and the 2nd time around added salt and pepper. I might add a tomato slice next time. Good lunch or breakfast. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game. Thanks for posting. Enjoy! ChefDLH