Recipe by RenMyr
Made it up for my DH. He now requests it often.
Top Review by ChefDLH
Easy egg sandwich. Much like the copycat McMuffin recipe I posted sans meat. Tasty and easy to make. I made as written the first batch and the 2nd time around added salt and pepper. I might add a tomato slice next time. Good lunch or breakfast. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game. Thanks for posting. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 1 sourdough English muffin
- 1 egg
- 1 slice swiss cheese or 1 slice American cheese or 1 slice monterey jack cheese
- butter (for frying) or margarine (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly toast muffin.
- Fry egg.
- Turn egg, put cheese on top.
- Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Put egg on a spatula and place in between two pieces of the muffin.
- Put back in pan and fry about one minute or until cheese melts. If you wish, can turn on the other side and brown lightly.