Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Dewberries are closely related to the blackberry and the raspberry, and they could be found growing wild where I grew up. We used to eat them in preserves, pies, or just frozen. If you don't know what dewberries are (you don't know what you're missing), you can substitute blackberries, raspberries, loganberries, or boysenberries.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon light margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups dewberries (fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease baking dish with margarine. Place rest of margarine in mixing bowl and add all ingredients except berries.
- Mix well and pour in 8x8" baking dish.
- Pour berries on top.
- Bake 45-60 minutes until dough rises and is golden brown.