Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for ZWT6
- 2 lbs mashed potatoes
- 1 lb of shredded boiled cabbage
- 1 lb boiled chopped onion
- 3 1⁄2 ounces butter
- Combine the potatoes with the cabbage and onions and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan or casserole, melt the butter and fry the mixture until brown.
- Serve hot.
- Note: Cooking time does not include boiling the cabbage or onions.
Terrific vegetable dish . We really enjoyed this hearty dish morgainegeiser. The mashed potatoes, onions and cabbage were light, fluffy, tender and perfectly cooked with a lovely brown crust on top. It kind of reminded us of my mother's hash. It was the best accompaniment to our stew, it worked beautifully with it, great pairing. thanks for sharing a recipe that we will enjoy again and again. Made for the Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - Great Britain
This is close to my potato-cabbage pierogi filling recipe, so I made half a batch and added buttered noodle side dish and this tasted as good as pierogi! (AKA lazy pierogi because there is no rolling, filling, boiling, and frying.) Thanks for posting Roxie and I hope you don't mind that I turned your GB recipe into Polish! LOL. Made for Zwizzle Chicks for ZWT6.