Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in an old spiral bound cookbook I picked up at a garage sale.
- 3 cups seasoned mashed potatoes (use your favorite recipe)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- black pepper
- Smooth 1/2 of the mashed potatoes into a buttered 10 inch pie plate.
- Saute the mushrooms and onions in butter, add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Spoon this over the potato layer.
- Spread sour cream over the onion/mushroom mixture.
- Top with remaining potatoes.
- Sprinkle with paprika and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until browned.
AMAZING! We added a little thyme to the mushrooms, but other than that, followed the recipe. We will be making this again, and again, and again...
This was very good. I think the lemon juice was a nice touch. I can see this being a main dish with addition of some kind of meat. I topped ours with cheese as well and I also add garlic for the xtra kick. Very good dish.
Excellent. I only added some milk to the mashed potatoes. The result was like eating perogies. Adding garlic would be good but it was also good without it.