Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This goes great with my Bed & Breakfast Scones especially if you're making the basic scone recipe, then you have room to add a few RICH calories like cream cheese! This is excellent as an alternative to regular (boring?) whipped cream on pies or cakes, too.
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Beat whipping cream to stiff peaks; set aside.
- In separate bowl (use the same beaters), whip cream cheese until soft, then add vanilla and sugar & mix well.
- Gently mix/beat the whipping cream and the cream-cheese mixture until nicely fluffed.
- Chill for 2 hours or serve immediately.
This is an excellent low fat alternative - I am always on the look out to cut calories and this fits the bill perfectly - way to go Debber !!
I had planned on serving this with scones but I made the scones and then realized I had run out of cream. So, I bought some cream and then ended up not having the scone ingredients. I ended up eating this with a spoon and some fruit. This was my first time having Devonshire Cream and all I can say is it won't be my last. Cream cheese and whipping cream- Oh yeah Baby! I'll be making this again!