Top Review by Rachael C.
I followed the recipe exactly and while the cream looked beautiful, it tasted more like cream cheese than Devonshire cream. I've been to many afternoon teas and had many different Devonshire creams and every single one was infinitely better than this one. I'm pregnant so I thought that maybe my taste buds were off so I had my husband taste it. He's also had numerous Devonshire creams and thought this was a terrible recipe. I think had I left out the sour cream it would've been fantastic (but then it would just be whipped cream really). I had to toss it in the trash : (.
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat whipping cream to stiff peaks; set aside.
- In separate bowl (use the same beaters), whip cream cheese until soft, then add vanilla and sugar & mix well.
- Gently mix/beat the whipping cream and the cream-cheese mixture until nicely fluffed.
- Chill for 2 hours or serve immediately.