Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can substitute heavy cream for the clotted cream in this recipe.
- 8 ounces self-raising flour
- 4 ounces superfine sugar (caster)
- 3 1⁄2 fluid ounces clotted cream or 3 1⁄2 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Pre-heat oven to 425 °F. Grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Mix the flour and sugar together. Stir in the cream, egg and enough milk to make a stiff dough. If the dough feels at all sticky, cover and place in the refrigerator to firm up.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until about 1/3 inch thick, then cut into 3 inch rounds using a cutter.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes until light golden brown in color.
- Carefully transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.