Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
Based on a recipe from "The Farmhouse Kitchen" by Dorothy Sleightholme, a companion book to the BBC production of the same name.
- 1 lb pork
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pinches cinnamon, to taste
- 4 small cooking apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups hard alcoholic cider
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half or 1⁄3 cup cream
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut the meat into cubes.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper, and cinnamon.
- Toss the cubed meat in the flour mixture.
- Heat the butter and oil together in a large pan over medium temperature, and add the meat; gently brown on all sides, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add all the chopped vegetables and other ingredients except for half and half and the parsley.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 60 minutes.
- Just before serving stir in the cream.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.