Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
These delicious creamy biscuits (cookies) are very easy to make and are not as rich as their list of ingredients might indicate.
- 1⁄2 lb self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 lb caster sugar
- 3 1⁄2 fluid ounces clotted or double cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C/ 425°F/ Gas 7.
- Mix the flour and sugar together, and then stir in the cream, egg and enough milk to make stiff dough (If the dough feels at all sticky, cover and place in the refrigerator to firm up.) Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until about one-third inch thick, and then cut into 3-inch rounds using a cutter.
- Put onto greased baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes until a light golden brown.
- Carefully transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Store in a cookie tin or an airtight container at room temperature.