Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Its creamy, its cheesey, loaded with green beans, bacon, French's Fried onions and sharp cheddar!
Make and share this Devine Green Bean Casserole. recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can Campbell's condensed cream of celery soup
- 12 ounces hickory smoked bacon, thin sliced, cut into 1/2 in. pieces
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 5⁄8 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 18 ounces French's French fried onions
- Combine all the green beans and cream of celery in a mixing bowl, carefully to not smash the beans up.
- In a medium-large skillet, fry up bacon pieces until they are crispy and all the fat has melted off.
- Remove bacon from grease and set aside to drain.
- Once drained and cooled a bit crumble into 1/4 inch pieces.
- In the bacon pan and with the bacon grease, blacken (fry) the green onions, and sautee the yellow onion.
- Remove them from the grease when all the green onions are completely black (not burnt), set aside to drain.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add aprox. 15 oz French's Fried Onions, the bacon pieces, yellow onion, and green/black onion into the green beans and carefully stir.
- Transfer the mixture from the bowl into a 8x8 baking dish.
- Evenly spread all of the cheese over the top.
- Then top it off with the remaining French Fried onions.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese starts to get brown bubbles.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
Different, but very good! Made 1/2 the recipe and it was plenty for DH and I with leftovers for another meal. Next time I will add more soup; it seemed a little dry but was still tasty. Made for Spring PAC 2013.